Joanna Styczen, Technical Writing Director, iMiller Public Relations, says:

Host in Ireland recently conducted a survey amongst Irish IT professionals to determine which factors companies consider when selecting hosting locations.  Host in Ireland, a marketing initiative created to raise awareness and drive interest in hosting digital assets in Ireland, surveyed hundreds of industry leaders on these factors and of those surveyed, an 88% majority agreed that Ireland has the capabilities needed to host digital assets, while the remaining 12% of respondents disagreed.

Hosted by TechPro, Ireland’s IT magazine, the survey entitled, Digital Asset Hosting in Ireland, revealed that 72% of IT professionals surveyed host digital assets in Ireland, with 46% using their own data centers, 27% using a combined strategy of onsite and offsite hosting and 24% host assets offsite only.

Garry Connolly, President of Host in Ireland commented on the results stating, “It is crucial to get an accurate view of where IT professionals consider potential locations for hosting and why.  There is change to be done to raise awareness of the policy advantages in Ireland.  The current administration is already spearheading such a change, which was demonstrated by the latest political and regulatory appointments.”

CIOs, CTOs and IT directors surveyed represented a cross section of organizations including:

  • Information and communications technology (23%)
  • Financial services (14%)
  • Business software and services (8%)
  • Internet Service Providers and engineering firms (6%)
  • Education (4%).

Amongst those surveyed, approximately 83% noted that data backup was the primary reason hosted solutions were used, followed by e-mail, website hosting, primary data and financial data.  Additional results concluded that more than sixty percent of those surveyed operate business-to-business (B2B) companies headquartered in Ireland, others represent UK-based businesses (12%) or have operations in both the U.S. and Europe (11%).  A much smaller number of surveyed IT representatives – 15% – operate within a business-to-consumer (B2C) environment.

“Ireland’s capabilities and technology far exceed current perceptions,” Connolly said. “So it is now a matter of educating companies on the remarkable benefits Ireland provides, which starts with this survey.”

The intriguing results of the survey provide a basis to educate IT professionals on the value of hosting their digital assets in Ireland.  To request a copy of the survey results, please email

To learn more about Host in Ireland, visit or email