STACK INFRASTRUCTURE (“STACK” or the “Company”), the digital infrastructure partner to the world’s most innovative companies, recently announced that it has officially broken ground on the construction of its new POR03 campus in Hillsboro, Oregon. As a strategic step in the company’s broader investment and expansion roadmap, this addition will bring flexible and scalable solutions to a growing Portland data center market and dramatically increase hyperscale capacity in the market and across the U.S.
“Hillsboro continues to be an enduring, popular destination for clients, with its access to plentiful power, low-cost carbon-free supply options like wind, solar and hydro, and excellent connectivity to the major West Coast availability zones and international markets,” said Matt VanderZanden, Chief Strategy Officer of STACK. “Cloud and content providers and enterprises want to be there, and therefore, we want to be there. It’s our mission to support these companies with flexibility and scale as they innovate and grow.”
The addition is a new 28-acre campus that will be ready in Q3 of 2021 at an initial 24MW with immediate adjacent growth potential. In total, the campus offers a capacity of 84MW, making it capable of handling the largest workloads and supporting clients’ own growth and expansion trajectories. Located at 4735 NE Starr Blvd in Hillsboro, the facility is located within a quarter-mile of the new 34.5kV substation with power supplied by Portland General Electric. The data center campus is also strategically located on the Wave Business Hillsboro Data Center Ring, offering high-count fiber connectivity and transpacific subsea cable access.
STACK has a long history in Hillsboro and currently operates two other facilities in the region for a total of 28.8MW. That includes 3MW of immediately available capacity, along with a neighboring build-to-suit campus with 12MW of potential capacity. STACK’s capacity in Hillsboro — at full build out — totals over 125MW. This strategic capacity is also available from a location that has no sales tax and offers property tax abatements through its Enterprise Zone Program, enabling long-term tax savings on equipment costs and data center operations.
This campus expansion follows the Company’s latest growth financing raise and supports growing customer demand, enabling STACK to empower client growth in key regions throughout the United States. The company’s latest builds include:
- A 100 percent pre-leased 32MW multi-story data center on its campus in San Jose, California, currently under construction.
- A 125-acre hyperscale data center campus with 250MW of potential critical capacity in Prince William County, Virginia in partnership with the Peterson Companies.
- A 24MW, multi-story data center adjacent to its existing facility in Chicago, which will be ready for service in the second half of 2020.
- An 80+MW expansion of its Portland data center campus, which is currently under development.
- An 80-acre hyperscale campus in Phoenix, Arizona with access to over 150MW of critical capacity.
- A 400-acre hyperscale data center campus with 400MW of potential critical capacity in AllianceTexas,
For more information on the expansion in Hillsboro, visit https://www.stackinfra.com/markets/portland/.