– Traci Yarbrough, director of product marketing with Emerson Network Power data center solutions (www.emersonnetworkpower.com), says:
Emerson Network Power has introduced the next generation of Avocent Data Center Planner, an award-winning software solution that enables data center managers to make informed decisions for the planning and effective management of their data center assets and physical infrastructure.
This is the fourth release of Avocent Data Center Planner. This product is a component of Emerson Network Power’s extensive portfolio of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) capabilities.
The ad-hoc data center management tools that were effective in the past are increasingly difficult to maintain in today’s complex environment. Avocent Data Center Planner is an effective alternative to legacy management tools because it provides all of the detailed information that is required to efficiently plan and manage the physical infrastructure in one dynamic graphical interface. Customers realize an immediate return on investment because they no longer need to consult multiple point products to make decisions and plan changes. It also builds on our promise of delivering a simple and easy to use DCIM capability.
The product provides data center managers, who are under constant pressure to control and reduce costs, with accurate and complete information about where their devices and equipment are located, their current capacities and projected growth. This visibility enables data center managers to effectively implement and manage their consolidation, virtualization and energy efficiency initiatives.
The latest version of Avocent Data Center Planner enhances the product’s ease of use and simplicity while delivering superior power management, visualization and manageability capabilities. The new version provides:
- The ability to gauge “real-world” power usage to more precisely, manage capacity, extend the life of the data center infrastructure and anticipate issues that need to be resolved before an incident occurs. Configured to communicate with other industry products, the next generation management software will provide out-of-the-box support for Avocent PDUs, Liebert PDUs, Avocent DSView 4 and Liebert SiteScan Web
- End-to-end connection visualization will allow data center managers to capture and view the most realistic, current-state view of the data center. Additionally, when considering a move, consolidation or replacement, the connection data allows dynamic planning and faster approval of proposed changes
- Zone management provides the flexibility and control administers require to operate co-location/cloud environments
- Spanish language support which augments the support for Japanese, Chinese, German, Russian and French in v3.2
Avocent Data Center Planner is available worldwide now.