– Mareike Fondufe, Senior Product Marketing, FrontRange, says:
The growing importance of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) has become widely publicized in the industry. At its recently concluded Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2013, market research firm Gartner cites “Mobile Device Diversity and Management” as the top strategic technology trend for 20141. And according to Enterprise Management Associates (EMA), 87% of all business professionals will employ a PC and at least one mobile device2, and Forrester reported that 905 million tablets will be in use by 2017.
The ‘BYOD’ revolution is an irreversible market dynamic that CIOs and IT administrators are forced to deal with since anytime, anywhere computing is the new norm. Now the big question for enterprises moving forward is: How do you balance the personal freedoms of this next-generation mobile workforce with the compliance, data security and management control requirements of IT? The answer lies in the intelligent deployment and enforcement of EMM policies that can be delivered easily, cost-effectively and ideally from a single, centralized solution either in the cloud or on-premise.
It was with this in mind that we created our new EMM offering. As a hybrid EMM solution, HEAT Client Management can support customers as a tenant in a FrontRange-hosted cloud environment or on premise with an easy to configure, pre-installed virtual appliance. With EMM capabilities that are tightly integrated with its existing service and client management capabilities, HEAT is a comprehensive platform for managing and controlling physical, virtual and mobile devices throughout their lifecycle from a single, unified console.
Steve Brasen, Managing Research Director for Systems Management at Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) asserts that “the foundation for ensuring the effective long-term reliable and secure delivery of business IT services (regardless of how the endpoint changes) is laid with the adoption of automated management platforms, like the FrontRange HEAT Client Management solution, that consolidate Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) processes that enable true workforce mobility.”
With its newly integrated EMM features, HEAT Client Management now offers the following additional capabilities:
• Complete Visibility of Mobile Assets: Mobile ecosystems are supported by automatic device and application discovery that collects real time mobile hardware and asset data, usage and device tracking.
• Device Lifecycle Management: Complete device lifecycle management is provided from a single, web-based administration console.
• Single Point of Control: Smartphone management is centralized and automated to improve IT efficiency and savings.
• Secured Mobile Ecosystem: Corporate policies are seamlessly enforced and potential threats are automatically detected to protect organizations through remote wipe and auto-lock features and application restrictions.
• Instant Workforce Support: Instant remote device troubleshooting improves service desk staff efficiency and increases business productivity through reduced downtime.
• Seamless Data Migration: Migrate between diverse smartphones without suffering data loss, security threats or disruption to end user devices.
• Multiple-OS Support: All major mobile operating systems, including BlackBerry BES and BIS users are supported.
• Self-service: Enterprise end users have complete access to self-help functionality to free up valuable service desk resources.
Some of the substantive advantages of the FrontRange’s offering are:
• Asset Management: All mobile assets are detected and stored in an information library that tracks hardware, software, SIM cards, users and processing information. This provides a real time view into an organization’s entire mobile ecosystem to help with future policy and resource planning.
• Configuration Management: The correct configuration of all mobile devices deployed within an organization is automatically tracked and maintained at all times and is done transparently to end-users. Data tracking of version and model number, baseline performance and relationship to other assets are just some of the configuration capabilities offered.
• Application Management: All applications employed by end users for business purposes can be accessed from a centralized and secure AppStore. Authentication ensures users are authorized to initiate access and/or download the enterprise applications. Automatic discovery of and reporting on an organization’s mobile device inventory provides a real-time view of the health and usage of all applications. In addition, HEAT Client Management synchronizes data stored on mobile devices over-the-air to provide backup and common access to shared resources while enabling remote administration. Additionally, applications that violate enterprise policies may be disallowed on user devices through black listing or devices may be restricted to only install specific authorized applications via white listing.
• Security Management: Corporate security policies that allow differing access rules for specified groups and shared data, including pre-defined user profiles, are fully supported. In the event of lost or stolen mobile devices, all applications and sensitive data can be removed over the air to prevent security breaches. In addition, IT administrators can selectively wipe sensitive corporate data from an end user mobile device. Plus, if an unauthorized SIM card is detected, the offending device can be locked and wiped.
• Remote Support: IT administrators can now troubleshoot mobile devices over the air and take remote control of them through a data connection (such as GPRS/EDGE/3G, WiFi) to view the device screen and use the device keyboard. This over the air end user support provides rapid diagnostics and problem resolution to reduce IT costs, accelerate the adoption of new services and decrease device downtime to improve workforce efficiency.
For more information on Enterprise Mobility Management click here: http://go.frontrange.com/MobilityLP.html
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, California and can be found at www.frontrange.com.
1: Gartner, Inc. 2013. Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Trends for 2014. http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2603623
2: Enterprise Management Associates. 2013. Supporting Workforce Mobility: Best Practices in Enterprise Mobility Management.
3: Forrester Research, Inc. 2013. 2013 Mobile Workforce Adoption Trends.