– Steve Yellen, vice president segment marketing at Emerson Network Power (http://www.emersonnetworkpower.com/), says:
Ranked as one of the top 50 safest banks in the world and the best bank in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) has more than 110 branches and more than 450 ATMs in the UAE. With NBAD’s data centers powering those critical financial services, they require high levels of availability, efficiency and performance from their data centers. In order to meet these needs, NBAD deployed a full range of Avocent technologies for its data centers, including power management and planning software to power distribution units (PDUs) and service processor managers for proactive monitoring and maintenance of server health.
NBAD is already seeing a number of benefits from the deployment of Emerson Network Power’s Avocent infrastructure management technologies, including:
- 20 percent increased system availability
- Centralized and remote management of all data center systems
- Improved cooling by two degrees during extreme conditions
- Reduced power consumption
- Increased lifespan of data center systems
- Faster and more effective response on strategic projects
- Elimination of accommodation and employment cost for four engineers for two to three months of design and planning due to the ability to access the data center from a remote location
“Emerson Network Power delivers all the data center management tools and features we need in a unified solution,” said Ayman Al-Qudsi, data center group leader for the NBAD. “The products provide a centralized vision of data center management, including power management, remote access, security, data center design and planning. This all-in-one solution enables us to be more efficient and effective, while eliminating the headaches associated with having to manage, maintain and learn multiple products.”
Emerson Network Power’s Avocent technologies have brought an array of benefits to NBAD, including the elimination of the need for the team to have physical access to the data center. The solutions have provided the data center team with greater manageability, control and visibility into the data center and processes, enabling a quick turn on strategic projects.