Welcome to our third Data Center Executive Roundtable, a quarterly feature showcasing the insights of thought leaders on the state of the data center industry, and where it is headed. In our First Quarter 2016 roundtable, we will examine four topics: trends in cloud computing for 2016, the impact of hybrid cloud on data center providers, the state of the market for DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management), and the outlook for mergers and consolidation in the data center sector.
Here’s a look at our distinguished panel:
- Chris Sharp, the chief technology officer of Digital Realty, the world’s largest provider of data centers and technical real estate. Chris has deep knowledge of the data center sector from his 20 years of experience, including leadership positions with Equinix, Qwest and MCI/Verizon.
- Chris Crosby, the founder and CEO of Compass Datacenters, a recognized visionary with more than 20 years experience in the data center space. Chris previously served as a Senior Vice President and founding member of Digital Realty Trust, as well as Proferian/GI Partners and CRG West (now Coresite).
- Jeff Klaus, General Manager of Intel Data Center Manager (DCM) Solutions. Jeff leads a global team that designs and builds Intel DCM, middleware that is integrated into Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) consoles to increase data center power and thermal efficiency.
- Michael Custer, President and CEO of Chatsworth Products (CPI). Michael oversees the direction and management of CPI globally, and is responsible for ensuring the company continues its growth in the global IT market.
- Mark Wachtmann serves as Vice President Product and Technology for IO and is responsible for the overall performance of the network and cloud services product lines. He has over 20 years’ experience of demonstrated success leading business and technology strategy, planning and execution for start-ups and established companies with global footprints.
To read the full article, view it on the Data Center Frontier website here.