With data center investment reports forecasting substantial growth for the Nordic region, the land of ice and snow is now serving up some heated data center competition. According to a report by data center consultancy BroadGroup, the Nordic data center market will see approximately €3.3B in data center investment over the next three years.
The region’s low-cost power, wealth of renewable sources and green energy, tax incentives, and educated workforce are just some of the features attracting substantial overseas investment from the likes of Google, Yandex, Facebook and Apple, who is building one of the world’s largest data centers Viborg in Denmark’s central Jutland. Norwegian operator Lefdal also recently announced the construction of its Måløy, Norway Lefdal Mine data center, set to be operational in August 2016. With new market entrants and growing customer demand, the Nordic data center market is expected to increase space more than 2.5-fold and triple MW power requirements from current levels by late 2017.
On Thursday, October 15, Nordic IT infrastructure executives will converge at Datacloud Nordic 2015 to discuss the region’s developing data center sector as well as the rapid growth of cloud facilities to address the computing, storage and management of Big Data. Taking place at the Scandic Fornebu Hotel in Oslo, Norway, the event will serve as an ideal forum for informational presentations, engaging panel discussions, and valuable networking and business opportunities. The day’s discussions will be centered on assessing the energy, scalability, security, architecture and software challenges confronting today’s data centers, and how enterprises can successfully manage the transition to cloud.
Datacloud Nordic 2015 agenda highlights include:
- the opening keynote, CapEx and OpEx – the Benefits of ITH Outsourcing, presented by Gisle Eckhoff, CEO of Digiplex;
- the Nordic Data Center Leadership Roundtable featuring executives from BroadGroup Consulting, Digiplex, Coromatic, Basefarm, and Green Mountain;
- a presentation on the Global Data Center Markets – and the Nordic Market Outlook, given by Steve Wallage, Managing Director at BroadGroup Consulting;
- the Lefdal Mine Datacenter – The Norwegian Solution – Industrialization of Data Centers presentation by Mats Andersson, Marketing Director at Lefdal Mine Datacenter AS TBC, Rittal;
- a Finance and Investment Panel featuring experts from BroadGroup Consulting, Thule Investments, and ING; and
- the Telecoms, Fiber and Connectivity in Nordic Markets presentation and panel featuring Mattias Fridström, Vice President of Technology at TeliaSonera as well as representatives from Farice, Cinia Group Oy and Tampnet.
Datacloud Nordic 2015 participants will learn how to overcome the data center challenges of adapting to a cloud environment from some of today’s leading data center experts. Attendees will also leave with new insights into practical strategies surrounding adjusting data center environments to meet demand; driving greater energy efficiency; enabling enhanced data security; managing a larger workforce; ensuring service availability, manageability and connectivity; and effectively migrating workloads between public and private cloud environments.