– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- Why the ‘Last’ Step in Your Cloud Migration Strategy is Critical
- Gartner: Immersive Augmented Reality is Coming to the Enterprise
- KickStart Europe 2019 Gears up to Take on the Digital Economy’s Biggest Challenges
- Host In Ireland’s Q3 Update Report Examines Ireland’s Data Center Industry Growth
- Businesses Have To Get Better At Database Security