– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- How Chayora Designs for Data Centers in 2040
- IPv4.Global Announces the San Francisco Good Netizen Awards Finalists
- Data center colocation market valuation to reach $90 billion by 2024: emerging technologies to characterize the industry growth
- Spotlight on Data Economy’s ‘Power 200’ Leaders
- Metro Connect: Executive Predictions for 2019