– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- AIMS Data Centre Awarded World-Class TIA-942 Rated-3 Facilities Certification by EPI
- Asperitas Appoints New Research and Development Director
- Cooling Edge Data Centers: It Requires More Thought
- Power Quality Monitoring & its Impact on Today’s Data Centers
- Immersed Computing® Solutions from Boston and Asperitas Support the Translational Biodiversity Genomics Project