– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- Share Your Appreciation with Bluebird Network for the 22nd Annual Systems Administration Day
- Safer Buildings Coalition and NICET Announce National In-Building Public Safety Communications Certification Program is Now Available
- DE-CIX Implements Smartoptics to Upgrade its Infrastructure to Support 400G
- Syntropy Unveils its New Website and Plans for Rethinking the Internet
- Data Sovereignty: maincubes Hybrid Cloud empowers compliance