– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- Subsea Environmental Services and Red Penguin Associates Set to Decommission the TAT-14 Subsea Cable System
- Latency is the New Currency
- IXs, IXPs and Peering 101
- Hello Car – Future-Proofing Industries Through Interconnection Ecosystems – the Digital Car as a Model
- Ocean Networks and Trans Ocean Network Partner to Provide Landing Party Services and Infrastructure in the Republic of Panama