– Josh Taylor, Senior Product Manager for CABLExpress (www.cablexpress.com) dives into parallel optics. With the recent ratification of the IEEE 802.3ba standard for 40/100 G Ethernet, parallel optics will be utilized for short reach data center applications. Typically used in data center structured cabling environments running high speeds of 10G or even 40 or 100 Gigabit Ethernet, SAN (Storage Area Networking), Fiber Channel, FCOE (Fiber Channel Over Ethernet) with such manufacturers as Cisco, Brocade, EMC and others. Typical applications could be virtualization or internal cloud core data center applications. MTP® is a registered trademark of US CONEC.
- Navigating the Digital Frontier: Nomad Futurist’s Ethical AI Journey and Infrastructure Insights Ahead of the PTC’24
- Addressing the Ever-Growing Need for Data Resilience
- Empowering the Next Generation in Telecom
- Datalec Precision Installations (DPI) Expands Portfolio with In-House Electronic Security Services
- Enterprise Colocation Gets a Boost in Delaware and Pennsylvania: DāSTOR Enhances Facilities to Support Hybrid Cloud and Colocation