By Morgan O’Mara, Content Coordinator, Record Nations
That is why there are questions to ask cloud storage providers to make sure that they are meeting the security requirements you need. Here you will find the questions you should ask cloud storage service providers.
6 Security Questions to Consider for Cloud Services
Whether you are a business or are using cloud-based data hosting for personal use, there are some key steps you can take to ensure you retain the ownership of your data:
- Enterprises that want to use cloud-based data storage services should take legal advice before choosing a service to partner with. This will ensure that the legal framework around the stored data is clear. A good example is data stored in the US that would be affected by the USA Patriot Act.
- Read all the terms and conditions of each of the services you are using.
- Identify where your data will be stored and how these countries and states manage their data regulations in comparison to your needs.
- All data that is moved to and from the cloud is encrypted. However, hosting services may not be compelled by law to hand over the encryption keys to your data should you need them.
- Make sure you can easily back up your data to portable media and store this off site if you can. This will give you an alternative source for your data if your cloud hosting service goes out of business.
- Check that your cloud service providers are compliant with standards such as SSAE16 and SOC2 certifications, among others. Ensure providers are subject to regular external audits and comply with best-available international standards for security, availability, integrity, privacy and confidentiality.
Learn More about Online Data Backup and Cloud Storage
Now that you understand some of the benefits of Cloud Computing, here are some resources to help you figure out what type of system works best for your business. Choosing the right cloud storage system or the right online data backup could make or break your data management plan.
- How to Research a Cloud Document Service for Your Business
A cloud document service has countless benefits over tape storage. This article will explain how to research and find a cloud service for your business.
- The Pros & Cons of Online Data Backup & Cloud Storage
Does a cloud service fit your business needs? Learn about the pros and cons of cloud storage and online data backups, from cost to security to accessibility.
- Use Cloud Storage to Back Up and Protect your Business
Learn more about online data management and cloud storage services and how they can help you protect and back up your business.
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage and Online Data Backup Today!
Record Nations works with a team of professionals that provide reliable online data backup solutions for your business.
In addition to online backup services, we can help you convert your paper records to digital copies by scanning the documents for you. Our cloud storage services will keep your records safe and easy to access. Learn how our data backup solutions can help you today.